Emerging Leader 2017 - 2018
Kathryn Coff is a proud Yorta Yorta woman living on Jaara Country. She is a respected member of the Aboriginal community and through Nalderun Aboriginal Services, works with Castlemaine Community Health, Castlemaine Secondary College, all other schools in the Shire, Castlemaine Continuing Education, Mount Alexander Shire, Anglicare and Community House.
She has worked tirelessly to establish and develop numerous key programs such as The Meeting Place, Koorie Bus Service, Koorie Family Homework Centre, working with schools – preschool, primary, secondary and tertiary, school breakfast program, Murnong Mammas Indigenous Catering Service, Men’s Business Program, publishing resources, Cultural Awareness training, consulting other communities and organisations, supporting organisations who employ Aboriginal People as well as supporting members of her Community.
Kathryn believes that when an Aboriginal community is supported by other Australians who have open hearts and minds, amazing things can happen for the whole community and the way forward is together, walking side by side.
Kathryn’s qualifications include:
- Diploma in Education – methods Science and Biology
- Associate Degree in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma Special Education
- Diploma Vocational Education and Training
- Certificate IV in Vocational Education and Training
- Certificate IV in workplace training and Assessment
- Advanced Certificate in Residential and Community Services